I've been making odd bits of progress here and there. I've crossed off a few goals and not written them up. I'm plodding on with some ongoing ones. A couple have more or less stalled for the moment.
Writing them up has been problematic because I always like to put in a photo. However, my desktop computer has reached the end of its useful life (useful as a computer, I mean, rather than as a coffee table) and this little netbook is no use at all for sorting photos out. So, rather than wait and wait, here's a summary of what I've managed to do, and maybe I'll do proper posts with photos at a later date.
- I've tentatively booked myself on a retreat organised by some people at church. It will be taking place early next year and is on the theme of Silence. I've also picked up a leaflet from our local retreat centre and may go along to something there. (Goal 2
- Um, I might have got slightly tipsy on Saturday and sung Moon River with the jazz band at angelil
's wedding reception. I don't think anyone was actually listening (just as well) but this still counts for Goal 7
- I've written a funeral plan
- I entered a competition in a magazine to win a plate of rubber stamps. (Goal 47
- I listened to two Proms concerts yesterday - the organ recital by Stephen Farr
and Havergal Brian's Gothic Symphony
. (Goal 58
- I've spent quite a lot of time in London recently and, over the space of two visits, spent a couple of hours in the British Museum
. I spent the first visit looking round this exhibition
. I have to say, most of the reliquaries didn't do much for me, feeling extravagant, creepy, or both, but I did like the Roman section and the part about pilgrimage. The next weekend, I looked at the exhibition of clocks and watches, and glanced around the Medieval room. But really, there's so much there that it would take a lifetime to see the lot. (Goal 73
- I've made a finger labyrinth out of air-drying clay. It's dry now, but I think it wants some kind of paint or varnish. I'm not sure what yet; I'm waiting for inspiration to strike. (Goal 75
- I watched The Way
; I'd like to see it in the cinema, though. Goal 79
- You'll see from the photo above that I've begun work on exploring my square mile. I've marked it out on the A-Z and walked down a few of the streets. This is another one for which I really need a working camera, though. (Goal 86
- I have bought a monocle. Yes, there will be pictures. May I recommend I Need Spex
, who not only produced the damn thing to my prescription, but, when they did it for the wrong eye, sorted it out very quickly and politely. (Goal 100
- Due to computer problems explained above, Project 365 has stalled for the moment. I intend to restart on my birthday. (Goal 8
- I haven't really been keeping track of my depression, mainly because I've not been depressed for a while. So that's good. (Goal 19
- I'm not sure what's going on with my watch. I got its battery changed, and it worked for a while, but now it keeps stopping and starting. I think I shall have to mark this as uncompleted again. (Goal 89
- I am going to change Goal 76
, because it's just not happening, and when it is I'm not enjoying it. But that does deserve a post to itself.