I had a very nice birthday. I was in Exeter with my choir (we were the visiting choir at the cathedral for the week), and the day went something like this:
- breakfast, with many cards from the choir
- morning practice
- frantically dashing around Poundland buying paper cups etc.
- picnic lunch on the cathedral green with countertony, catmint_1984, my mother, my little brother, and much of the choir
- a tour of the cathedral
- wandering around Exeter with my family, including a walk down the narrowest street in the world
- rehearsal at the cathedral
- singing Evensong (Smith responses, Day in B flat, and Hail Gladdening Light). My granny and her partner turned up, as did my friend Charlotte.
- surprise disappearance of my family (it turned out that they had had to run for a bus)
- an expedition to the Imperial Hotel with Charlotte and, later, some leading lights of the Sci-Fi Society; also, later, Mike.
A success all round; this goal is completed.